Friday, 5 August 2011

Ki Japanese

KI MODERN JAPANESE (181 Bay Street, Toronto)

Ki is one of my favourite places for sushi. The fish is always incredibly fresh and although they have great classics, I love their modern twists on makimonos. Items that should never be missed when dining here are the sweet potato wedges that are incredibly fork-tender and I opt for the garlic aioli (vs. the wasabi aioli dip), the plump and juicy bite size explosions of tempura rock shrimp (also substitute with the garlic aioli) and the ki beef maki which is a teriyaki-glazed Canadian AAA striploin wrapped around scallions, sesame seeds, sweet potato tempura and asparagus. Some of the lovely ladies from my work and I went for a quick lunch today and featured below is perhaps my most favourite item, the Kiwi Tuna makimono. 

 Kiwi tuna makimono: is comprised of yellowfin tuna, mango, cucumber, spicy tomato salsa, and topped with Kyoto miso. Simply irresistable. 

Ki Restaurant and Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment