Monday, 26 September 2011

Le Petit Dejeuner

Le Petit Dejeuner (191 King Street East, Toronto)

Lucky for me, my friend Kathy told me about this wonderful brunch spot in that she had discovered the week before. The food ended up being incredible and it is now one of my favourite brunch spots in Toronto.



Kir Royale: Prosecco & Cassis. Perfect way to start off a Saturday afternoon.  

Kathy joining me with a Caesar

Authentic Belgium Waffles: Brussel's style light and airy. This was PERFECTION. I am not a waffle fan but I could eat a dozen of these. They really are incredibly light, soft with a light crunch, almost like a very light donut. So delicious, dusted with icing sugar dipped in real maple syrup. Confectionary heaven!


Eggy Fried bread: caramelized french toast on challah bread with fresh fruit, maple syrup and chantilly cream. I love french toast and this really hit the spot. Thick eggy challah bread, pan fried to the perfect crispness, while the inside still being soft and doughy. Icing sugar and maple syrup..again divine!



Eggs Benjamin with house smoked salmon: Ridiculously good eggs benedict. Perfectly poached eggs with a lemony but creamy hollandaise suace. Salty, fatty smoked salmon on top of a english muffin. One of the best eggs benedict I have had in a while.


Le Petit Dejeuner on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best brunch :) Need to repeat it soon!

    ReplyDelete