Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Tertulia

Tertulia (359 West 6th Street, NY)

As I am a huge fan of Spanish cuisine after my trip to Spain last year, this was one of the most anticipated meals in NY. They do not take reservations and always have crazy long waits, any day of the week. The interior is very rustic and lively, a totally fun atmosphere and the food is fantastic. Tertulia lived up to the hype and if I lived in the city, I would frequent here. I will be back for the paella next time I am in New York (in June)!


Chalkboard Drink Menu 

Jamon Iberico de Bellota
Cinco Jotas acorn-fed Ibérico ham, cut by hand
Melt in your mouth madness! The iberico was just as I remember, incredibly savoury, salty, fatty, melt in your mouth juiciness. LOVE IT! 

Tosta huevo roto y jamon Ibérico/ Crushed egg, potato, Ibérico ham
A delicious one bite appetizer. Egg paired with a potato preparation similar to a potato rosti and Iberico Jamon. 


Nuestras Patatas/Crispy Potatoes, Pimentón de la Vera, garlic all i oli
A classic in Spanish food, potato bravas. Salty, creamy, fried potato goodness.


Croquetas de Jamón Ibérico
Crispy croquettes with a immensely creamy Ibérico and potato filling. Delicious.


Arroz a la Plancha/ Calasparra rice, snails, wild mushrooms, celery, fennel, Ibérico ham
Every blog post I have read raved about this particular dish. It was not my favourite but it was similar to a risotto dish in an omelet style topped with Ibérico. It was quite flavourful but I guess I was looking for something more similar to the Paella (which I am coming back for 100%). 


Cordero/Grilled Lamb Breast, creamy farro, cauliflower 
Amazing. The grilled lamb breast was similar in texture to a braised pork belly and the flavour reminded me of Greek lamb gyros. It was incredibly savoury and delicious. This a must order! Sorry for the messy plate, we started eating before we took the photo.


Tertulia on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I will be visiting here this summer!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A must! Will be going back to Tertulia in June, can’t wait!

      Delete